GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
• Master the building blocks of basic theater, performance and storytelling techniques • Practice improvisational skills while discovering how to maintain professionalism on stage • Learn basic audition techniques • Learn choreography and various dance techniques • Receive a valuable critique and learns the importance of the individuals contribution to the overall success of the group • Discover what training and preparation are required for various roles and career paths. • Feel what its like to be a Cast Member performing on Broadway.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
• Vocal Technique
• Vocal Performance & Audition Technique
• Acting & lmprov
• Dance & Choreograpny – Repertoire: Building your songbook
• Q&A with Broadway Artist
• Musical Theater History
• University Tours & Admission Guidance
• Career Development & Mentorship
• We will see 4 mainstage musicals. Show names will be announced a month before the program.
• Program culminates with a final performance that is open to the public. The show will be live streamed for families and friends that aren’t able to see it in person.
• Students are chaperoned 24/7 and are not allowed to be alone at any time.
Students will stay in the heart of Times Square at Staybridge Suites. The hotel is walking distance to class and Broadway theaters. Rooms have 2 double beds and will be shared between 4 students. Upgrades are available at an additional cost. Daily breakfast is included.
Airport transfers are included for designated flights only. Flights are not included in the cost of the program. Each student will receive a Metrocard for transportation within Manhattan